They're back! The Chases of View Park make their return in the fourth volume in the series. I love that the author brings you up to speed in each of her books, just in case you haven't read the earlier books.
So, picking up where we left off, Chase Carter and Avery, the only woman that he's ever cared about, just became the proud parents of a baby girl, Connor. The only complication is Avery's marriage to Anthony, a mild-mannered statistics professor. Never one to let anything stand in his way, Chase is determined to bide his time until Avery realizes that he's the man she should really be with.
Michael Chase has been given an ultimatum by his parents to divorce Kimberly after the family covered up her recent murder of her former pimp. Kimberly is willing to leave, but not without her twin boys, who are starting to feel the effects of the continuous fighting between their parents.
Haley Chase, the family bad girl, is once again caught up in madness and mayhem and it's up to Officer Sean Haley to save her from herself.
I am so hooked on this series. I said before that it reminds me of the tv series, Dynasty, with people that look like me and it still does. I'll be on the lookout for the next book, because from the ending of this one, things are far from over.
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (98)
- ► 2012 (149)
- ► 2011 (148)
- ► 2010 (199)
- #BookReview: The Front - Patricia Cornwell
- #BookReview: The Trial of Ruby McCollum - Drs. C. ...
- #BookReview: Sag Harbor - Colson Whitehead
- #BookReview: Caged Innocence - A.P. Ri'chard
- Black Noir & Best African American fiction
- #BookReview: A Price to Pay - Angela Winters
- #BookReview: Maneater - Mary B. Morrison & Sugar-H...
- #BookReview: The Black Girl Next Door - Jennifer B...
- #BookReview: God Gave Me Some Bad Advice - Byron H...
- #BookReview: Before I Forget - Leonard Pitts
- #BookReview: Gather Together in My Name - Tracy Pr...
- #BookReview: Finding Me - Darnella Ford
- #BookReview: Seduction - Geneva Holliday
- #BookReview: Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're ...
- #BookReview: The True Story of Florence Ballard - ...
- #BookReview: Playing for Pizza - John Grisham
- #BookReview: Stormy Weather: the Life of Lena Horn...
- #BookReview: Take Her Man - Grace Octavia
- #BookReview: Hell Has No Fury - Keith Lee Johnson
- ▼ July (19)