At the recommendation of a few twitter pals, I picked up this Janet Evanovich audio book. I fully expected to be entertained, but honestly the story line was too predictable. It's biggest saving grace was that it was a short listen.
Amy Klasse hosts a day time show for children on her local public access station, at least until the day when she loses her job to a live chicken. The same day she loses her job, she meets handsome veterinarian Jake Elliott in line at the grocery store. Overhearing Amy talk about the day she's had, Jake offers her a job as the receptionist at his office. And of course they fall in love, blah blah blah.
How does the chicken come into play? When the chicken falls ill, his owner brings him in to see Jake. The chicken goes missing and everyone suspects Amy has taken him. Now it's up to Amy and Jake to clear her good name. No really, that's the book in a nutshell. Girl loses job. Girl meets boy. Girl gets job and boy. Girl and boy lose chicken. Girl and boy find chicken.
An absolutely quick and easy read, I'd only recommend this if you're looking for fluff to pass the time. If you're looking for a book that challenges you to think, this isn't it.
What did you like about this book?
It was a quick listen.
What didn't you like about this book?
It was too predictable.
What could the author do to improve this book?
Tone down the cheesiness.
Listening time: 4 hours, 59 minutes
Published November 2008
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (98)
- ► 2012 (149)
- #BookReview: Guest Post: Malcolm X: A Life of Rein...
- #BookReview: The Ivy Chronicles - Karen Quinn
- Who's Your Literary BFF?
- #BookReview: Just Wanna Testify - Pearl Cleage
- #BookReview: If Sons, Then Heirs - Lorene Cary
- The Warmth of Other Suns lecture, Isabel Wilkerson...
- #BookReview: I'm Kind of a Big Deal: And Other Del...
- #BookReview: Captive Bride - Bonnie Dee
- #BookReview: Foul Play - Janet Evanovich
- An Interview with Miranda Parker, author of A Good...
- #BookReview: A Good Excuse to be Bad - Miranda Par...
- #BookReview: The White Woman on the Green Bicycle ...
- #BookReview: In Love With A Younger Man - Cheryl R...
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2010 (199)