I've been reading The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson for months. It's an intriguing story, but I always seem to put it down in favor of fiction. After attending Wilkerson's lecture at the Missouri History Museum today, I'm encouraged to keep reading. Check out a few excerpts from today's lecture. (Note: Please excuse the picture quality, I videoed from my phone.)
- ► 2013 (53)
- ► 2012 (149)
- Guest Post: Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention - Man...
- The Ivy Chronicles - Karen Quinn
- Who's Your Literary BFF?
- Just Wanna Testify - Pearl Cleage
- If Sons, Then Heirs - Lorene Cary
- The Warmth of Other Suns lecture, Isabel Wilkerson...
- I'm Kind of a Big Deal: And Other Delusions of Ade...
- Captive Bride - Bonnie Dee
- Foul Play - Janet Evanovich
- An Interview with Miranda Parker, author of A Good...
- A Good Excuse to be Bad - Miranda Parker
- The White Woman on the Green Bicycle - Monique Rof...
- In Love With A Younger Man - Cheryl Robinson
- ▼ Jun 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (200)