- Nationwide, high school students are reading on a fifth grade level;
- A child's reading level in third grade determines their likelihood of graduating high school;
- Reading increases vocabulary and improves analytical thinking and writing skills;
- Reading gives children glimpses into other countries and cultures that they may have never heard of or be able to visit; and
- For less than you spend at Starbucks on your morning coffee or your own book addiction on Amazon, you can make a donation to the River City Readers and help students in St. Louis schools build their own libraries.
A special thanks to Amy, Kay, Desiree, Jeanette, Pamela, Brieana, Loetitia, and Tamara for their generous donations.