I started the readathon with this because I absolutely love Bernice McFadden's writing. I'd read The Warmest December before, but I forgotten how heavy it was. I almost started to put it off for later in the day, but forged on anyway. It's just as good as I remember it being years ago.
I'm going to go lighthearted with my next selection, Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fales-Hill, described as "Jane Austen meets the Bachelorette in this 21st century comedy of manners about a mixed race family, their four eligible daughters and what happens when reality TV comes to town."
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (98)
- #BookReview: The Brenda Diaries - Margo Candela
- Free for All Friday, April 27
- #BookReview: A Wish and A Prayer - Beverly Jenkins...
- #Readathon Wrapup
- #Readathon Update #4 - Savannah Blues by Mary Kay ...
- #Readathon Update #3 - Colored Sugar Water by Veni...
- #Readathon Update #2 - Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fa...
- #Readathon Update #1 - The Warmest December by Ber...
- My mirror ain't like yours
- #BookReview: The Wife of Reilly - Jennifer Coburn
- Send me to New York!
- #BookReview: Four of A Kind - Valerie Frankel
- Free for all Friday, April 6
- #BookReview: And Everything Nice - Kim Moritsugu
- #BookReview: Point, Click, Love - Molly Shapiro
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2011 (147)
- ► 2010 (199)