Not nearly as charming and entertaining as I hoped it would be. It was pitched as chick lit, but I don't think that's the classification I'd give it. It seemed like a slow read to me, though I found that I was on pace with my average reading time, but it seemed like a chore to keep going. At one point, I considered putting it down and coming back to it later.
This is an advanced reader's copy and doesn't actually publish until July, so there'll be a full review of it here later, but not until late June.
I haven't decided on the next book. I'm going to cruise the Internet and check out other readers and start reading again in an hour or so.
How's your reading going?
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (98)
- #BookReview: The Brenda Diaries - Margo Candela
- Free for All Friday, April 27
- #BookReview: A Wish and A Prayer - Beverly Jenkins...
- #Readathon Wrapup
- #Readathon Update #4 - Savannah Blues by Mary Kay ...
- #Readathon Update #3 - Colored Sugar Water by Veni...
- #Readathon Update #2 - Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fa...
- #Readathon Update #1 - The Warmest December by Ber...
- My mirror ain't like yours
- #BookReview: The Wife of Reilly - Jennifer Coburn
- Send me to New York!
- #BookReview: Four of A Kind - Valerie Frankel
- Free for all Friday, April 6
- #BookReview: And Everything Nice - Kim Moritsugu
- #BookReview: Point, Click, Love - Molly Shapiro
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2011 (147)
- ► 2010 (199)