I'm winding down my reading schedule for 2012. This year has flown by and I can't believe there are only there are only two weeks left before we roll into 2013. I've got to start reading for the Books: Passports to the Word Challenge (this is my gentle reminder for you to sign up if you haven't), write up my top 10 of 2012 post (which is turning out to be 14 or 15), and write reviews for the miscellaneous books I've read and forgot to write about.
But today is all about The Hobbit. As a kid, I watched my father read tons of science fiction and fantasy, but the series that stood out the most J.R.R. Tolkien's. I don't usually do fantasy books or movies, but I found myself watching Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring one year while on a cruise. If you've cruised before, you know that the movies are on a repeat loop, so I saw it quite a few times. By the time I disembarked, I was hooked. Since then, it's become a tradition that my family see Tolkien films together. I'm so excited to see The Hobbit today. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I've been tweeting random memorable lines from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm sure that by next week, I'll be tweeting random memorable lines from The Hobbit.
So what are your plans for the weekend? Anyone else planning to check out Smeagol, Bilbo and Gandalf?
- ► 2014 (72)
- ► 2013 (98)
- How You Readin'?
- #BookReview: A Different Kind of Christmas - Alex ...
- The Best in Books 2012
- #BookReview: Blue Christmas - Mary Kay Andrews
- #BookReview: Loving Donovan - Bernice L. McFadden
- Free for All Friday, Dec. 14
- #BookReview: The View from Delphi - Jonathon Odell...
- #BookReview: The Cleaner - Paul Cleave
- Tell Me Something Good!
- #BookReview: The Twelve Tribes of Hattie - Ayana M...
- #BookReview: She's the Boss - Lisa Lim
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2011 (147)
- ► 2010 (199)