In addition to finding out about his wicked sense of humor, here's what I learned:
- Little Green is his only book about resurrection.
- He's working with Anthony Mackie on a film adaptation of The Man in My Basement.
- The idea for The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey came from dealing with his mother who was suffering from dementia. Samuel Jackson is working on a movie version of the book. Ptolemy Grey will not be returning in any form.
- He never uses a typewriter.
- His favorite character is Twill from the Leonid McGill series.
- The Tempest Tales is inspired by characters from Langston Hughes' Jess B. Semple series.
- He only works on one book at a time.
- He's working on a musical of Devil in a Blue Dress.
- He's working with Laurence Fishburne on a series based on Socrates Fortlaw.
- He's been drawing for 45 years and never really shares it with anyone, but will have several pictures displayed in a show in New York June through July.
Interested in hearing more and learning about that wonderful sense of humor I mentioned? Check out the video below. It's chock full of more fun facts and interesting tidbits.